Kids and adults love these because they are fun to hold.
- Baked pizza crust or individual Pita bread rounds
- 2.5 cups fresh basil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 1 cup grated mozzarella (or less)
- Salt and pepper
How to make Basil Pizza ?
1. Lay basil on pizza. Top with garlic.
2. Drizzle olive oil on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Sprinkle with Parmesan and finally with a little mozzarella.
4. Bake at 425 until crust is baked (if using an unbaked crust) or just until cheese is melted.
1) The basil leaves will wilt if cooked too long, but they still taste good.
2) This is a seasonal dish best made when your basil plant is overbearing and you can’t use the leaves fast enough.
Difficulty: Easy, Prep Time: 5 min, Cook Time: 10 min, Serves: 4