- 1 lb. cooked white beans with juice (about two cans)
- Olive oil
- 1 large chopped onion
- 2 large diced carrots
- 1-2 diced celery stalks
- 4 cups shredded kale
- 1 potato, diced
- 2 cups chopped Swiss chard
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 t. dried rosemary
- 1 T. dried parsley
- 1 t. dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional garnish)
- Sour cream (optional garnish)
- Cilantro (optional garnish)
1. Puree half the beans in their juice in a blender.
2. Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large pot. Add onion, carrots, and celery and sauté for five minutes. Add Kale, potato, pureed beans, and water to make six cups. Simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Add Swiss chard, tomato, garlic, and spices. Simmer until chard is tender, about one hour. Add liquid as necessary, although the desired consistency is thick. Add the remaining beans. Cook until heated through.
4. Place in bowls and sprinkle with cheese, sour cream, and/or cilantro, if desired.
Difficulty: Easy, Prep Time: 2 min, Cook Time: 10 min, Serves: 4