Bibimbap - Korean Beef and Vegetables
How to make Bibimbap
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 2-3 carrots julienned
- 1 T. sugar
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 bunches spinach
- 1 carton mushrooms, any variety or combination
- 1 cup zucchini julienned
- 2 cups sliced cabbage
- 1 egg cooked over easy for each person
- Sesame oil Soy sauce Coarse salt
Steam rice. Meanwhile, brown beef and onion together. Season with 3-4 tablespoons soy sauce. Meanwhile, sauté the carrots in a little sesame oil and 1 tablespoon of sugar until barely tender.
Meanwhile, sauté the bean sprouts in a little sesame oil and season with a little salt.
Meanwhile, sauté the spinach in a little sesame oil and season with a little salt.
Ditto with the cabbage.
Ditto with the zucchini, but I like to sauté it with two cloves of crushed garlic also.
Place a little rice in each bowl. Arrange the sautéed veggies around the bowl. Top with a soft-yolk, cooked egg. Mix all together before eating, if desired.
1) Whenever I make this recipe, I use every pan in the kitchen, but it's worth it. 2) Use whatever veggies you have on hand.
3) In Korea, they top this with a very spicy red pepper paste. My kids won't eat it spicy, but if you like it spicy, go ahead and add whatever spicy topping you have. I like to add ground red pepper to the beef during browning.
Difficulty: Easy, Prep Time: 20 min, Cook Time: 20 min, Serves: 4