Black Forest Beet Brownies
How to make Black Forest Beet Brownies
- 1 cup of boiled beets, peeled and pureed
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown suga
- 1/2 cup melted butter, or 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 Scant cup flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder + 1 T. hot cocoa mix or coffee creamer
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Boil, bake, or steam beets until tender. Puree in a blender as finely as possible.
2. Preheat oven to 350.
3. In a bowl, mix eggs, butter or oil, sugars, vanilla, and one cup of beet puree. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder. Add to the egg mixture. Stir well and add the chocolate chips.
4. Pour batter into a 9" greased pan. Bake about 30 minutes. Cool completely before cutting.
Note: 1) Don't ever tell anyone there are beets in these brownies or you will sabotage the entire operation. But, if you can keep a secret, no one will ever know.