Chicken Florentine recipe
how to make Chicken Florentine
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- Flour, for dredging
- 6 T. butter
- 2 T. green onions, sliced
- 1 T. chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth or white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 T. dried parsley
- 2-3 bunches spinach, lightly steamed, cooled, squeezed, and chopped
- Parmesan cheese
If the chicken breasts are fat, slice them in half. Sprinkle the chicken with salt andpepper. Dredge in flour to coat. Shake off excess flour. Melt 2 T. butter in heavy largeskillet over medium heat. Cook chicken until brown, about five minutes per side. Cover chicken and set aside.
2. Melt 2 T. butter in the same skillet. Add the onions and garlic and sauté about oneminute. Sprinkle about two tablespoons of flour on top of the onions and garlic and cook for another minute. The flour will make the sauce thicker. Add the broth or wine. Boil on medium high heat until the liquid is reduced by half, stirring frequently, about five minutes. Add the cream and boil about three more minutes.
3. Stir in the parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the chicken back to the sauce.
4. Meanwhile, melt the remaining 2 T. of butter. Add the spinach and sauté until heated through. Season the spinach with salt and pepper. Arrange the spinach on plates. Place the chicken on top of the spinach. Pour the sauce over and sprinkle with Parmesan if desired.
Difficulty: Easy, Prep Time: 10 min, Cook Time: 20 min, Serves: 4