Chicken Pot Pie
how to make Chicken Pot Pie
- 1/4 cup butter
- 5 cups roughly chopped veggies (carrots, celery, onion, peas, corn, broccoli, etc.)
- 2 cups roughly chopped chicken (breasts or thighs)
- 1 tsp. chicken or vegetable soup base
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- sour cream to garnish
- A: 2 cups flour 1 Tbsp. baking powder 2 tsp. salt 3/4 tsp. baking soda 1 stick softened butter 1 cup evaporated milk, or buttermilk
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Melt butter in medium sauce pan. Add veggies, starting with the firmer veggies first (i.e. carrots before corn). Cover. Cook over medium highheat, stirring occasionally until veggies are tender. Set veggies aside.
2. In sauce pan, cook chicken over medium heat until no longer pink. Add a little water if dry (about 1 tablespoon), and add soup base. Add cream of chicken soup. Mix well.
Add chicken to veggies and pour into a greased casserole dish.
3) Mix dry biscuit ingredients and cut butter into mix. Add milk. Stir just until moistened. Distribute biscuit mix on top of chicken and veggies in dish. Bake for 30 minutes. Serve with a dollop of sour cream.
You can use frozen veggies and/or prepared biscuit mix to save time.
Difficulty: Easy, Prep Time: 16 min, Cook Time: 31 min, Serves: 6