- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 t. chicken soup base
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- Noodles (homemade or purchased)
1. In a large soup pot boil 6 cups of water. Cook the veggies and chicken together until chicken is cooked. Remove chicken and shred it while veggies continue to cook. Add soup flavoring and salt and pepper.
2. When veggies are tender, add cream of chicken soup and milk. Add noodles and cook until noodles are done. Return chicken to pot.
3. Melt butter and add flour. Let sit one minute and then add to soup pot all at once. Stir until well combined and warm until slightly thickened.
1) To make homemade noodles, mix 1 egg, 2 T. milk, 1/2 t. salt, 1 cup flour and roll as thinly as possible on a floured surface. Cut into strips. Let dry for several hours.
2) You can also try chicken and dumplings by dropping spoonfuls of soft dough made from flour mixed with melted butter and ice water into the hot soup and cooking for about 4 minutes or until they float and are no longer doughy.
Difficulty: Easy, Prep Time: 2 min, Cook Time: 10 min, Serves: 4