Easiest Pumpkin Muffins
- 2 cups pumpkin puree, give or take 1/2 cup
- 1 yellow boxed cake mix
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 t. nutmeg
- 1/4 t. ground cloves
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan or line with paper liners. I like to make a tray of mini-muffins too.
2. In a large bowl, mix pumpkin, cake mix, and spices. Spoon into muffin tins.
3. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until puffy and round.
1) I grow sugar pumpkins in my garden and bake and freeze the puree, so my puree is thinner that store-bought puree. It works fine, so go ahead and thin yours with a little water if you want, but thicker puree works just as well, although it isn't as cakelike, it still tastes good.
2) You can substitute a Spice Cake box mix and omit the spices.
3) Serve alone or with some cream cheese instead of frosting.
Difficulty: Easy, Prep Time: 5 min, Cook Time: 30 min, Serves: 6
you can see Pumpkin Zucchini Loaf recipe