- 1 cup softened butter (or coconut oil or applesauce or both)
- 2 eggs
- 1 large can solid pack pumpkin
- 3 cups sugar (or less! You can easily substitute honey, agave, maple syrup, etc.)
- 2 t. baking powder
- 2 t. baking soda
- 1 t. salt
- 2 t. vanilla
- 2 t. cinnamon
- 2 t. nutmeg
- 5 c. flour (mix of white and wheat okay)
- 12 oz. chocolate chips or raisins
How to make:
1. Preheat oven to 375. Mix all the ingredients except the flour and chocolate chips.
2. Add flour and chocolate chips. Bake for 10-14 minutes on a greased cookie sheet.
1) I’ve tried so many substitutions with this recipe and they are all good!
2) Half of this recipe will feed a family of five, so plan accordingly.
3) I forgot the chocolate chips in the recipe in the photo, so I melted them on top while the cookies were still warm. Like Bartleby, I’m not particular.