- Unbaked pie crust (bottom only)
- 8 oz. diced, cooked ham
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 T. flour
- 1 T. prepared yellow mustard
- 1 cup mozzarella, grated, divided
- 3-5 medium plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup half and half or cream
- 1 T. chopped fresh basil
- 1/8 t. ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425. Sauté the ham and onions in a little butter for bout 5 minutes. Sprinkle with 1 T. flour. Saute one more minute.
2. Brush yellow mustard on pie shell. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of cheese on bottom of pie shell, on top of mustard. Layer tomatoes on top of cheese. Top with ham and onion mixture. Pour beaten egg over top of ham and onions.
3. Pour half and half over beaten egg. Top with basil and the remaining cheese. Sprinkle with pepper.
4. Bake on lowest oven rack for 20-25 minutes. Cool 20 minutes. Serve warm.