Hearty Pork Soup Recipe
- 10 oz. boneless pork loin
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 medium carrot
- 4 green onions, sliced in 1" pieces.
- 7 oz. daikon radish (long, white)
- 5-6 T. miso paste
- 1" cube fresh ginger root, chopped
- 5 c. water
- 1 T. oil
1. Cut pork loin into bite-sized chunks. Roughly chop carrot into 1/4" chunks. Choppotatoes into 1/2" chunks. Peel and cut daikon radish lengthwise and then slice into 1/8"slices.
2. . In a large pot, heat oil over high heat. Sauté chopped ginger root and pork chunkstogether. Add water, potatoes, carrots, and daikon radish. Cook until potatoes are almostdone. Add 3 T. miso paste and continue to cook until all the vegetables are tender. Skimscum off top of soup if necessary.
3. Add the remaining miso paste and the sliced green onions. Heat through and serve.
Difficulty: Easy, Prep Time: 10 min, Cook Time: 20 min, Serves: 4