Potatoes – Quick Ideas
- corn or potato chowder
- Peruvian ocopa or causa
- oven fries: Slice into medium- thin strips and brush with a little olive oil and salt.
- Bake 500 for 30 minutes turning once.
- Arby’s copycat curly fries (try baked)
- scalloped: thinly slice and bake in a homemade cheese sauce at 350 for one hour.
- baked or mashed with gravy
- use baked leftovers for hash browns
- throw potatoes in the crock pot with a roast
Quick Red Potatoes Recipe:
- 2 lbs. red potatoes scrubbed and cut into 1/8’s
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 T. butter
- Salt and pepper
- 2 T. fresh or 1 t. dried thyme
1. Boil potatoes in several quarts of water for about 12 minutes or until tender crisp. Do not over boil. Drain.
2. Cook with oil and butter on med-high heat in a large skillet for 8-10 minutes. Season near the end of cooking.
Difficulty: Easy, Prep Time: 5 min, Cook Time: 20 min, Serves: 4