Sausage and Cabbage Soup
How to make
- 4-6 fresh tomatoes, skins removed
- 2-4 polish sausage links
- 1/2 head cabbage, core attached
- Soup: 4 cups water 2 teaspoons chicken soup base 2 tablespoons soy sauce 1 teaspoon garlic powder 2 teaspoons onion powder dash of ground mustard powder white wine, optional 1/2 cup tomato juice, optional salt to taste
Put all soup ingredients into a pot and bring to a low boil. The stock should be savoryand not bland so adjust the flavors as needed. Cut cabbage into four sections heldtogether by the core and add to the pot. Turn heat down and simmer for five minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes to the pot. Simmer another five minutes.
3. Add the sausage to the pot. Simmer another 5 minutes.
4. Place a little of each item in shallow bowls and top with a little broth. Serve immediately.
Difficulty: Easy, Prep Time: 11 min, Cook Time: 16 min, Serves: 5