Sausage with Ratatouille
How to make Sausage with Ratatouille
- olive oil
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 small zucchini, cubed 1/2"
- 2 small eggplant, cubed 1/2"
- 3 bell peppers, cubed 1/2"
- 2-15 oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 1/4 t. red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 lb. Italian sausages, sliced
- 2 t. dried thyme
- 2 t. dried rosemary
1. Heat oven to 400. Sauté onions in a large pot for about five minutes in some olive oil. Add garlic. Reduce heat.
2. In another pan, sauté zucchini on high heat, in a little olive oil, until browned on all sides. Add to pot with onions.
3. Repeat step two with all of the other veggies and sausage slices. Add each to first pot.
4. Add tomatoes and juices and spices to pot and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
5. Transfer contents of pot to a large casserole dish and cook, uncovered in oven for 30 minutes.
Difficulty: Easy, Prep Time: 21 min, Cook Time: 31 min, Serves: 6 poeple