Swiss Chard with Parmesan
- 2 T. butter
2 T. olive oil 1 T. minced garlic
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1-2 bunches Swiss chard
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 2 T. grated Parmesan
- Salt to taste
1. Cut the green leaves off the colorful main stem of the Swiss chard. Roughly chop thestems and the leaves. Keep separated.
2. Sauté the garlic, onions, and the Swiss chard stems in the butter and oil for about fiveminutes.
3. Add the Swiss chard leaves, wine or broth, and simmer several minutes.
4. Add the lemon juice, and Parmesan, and salt to taste. Cook for 1-2 minutes more.
5. Serve warm or cold.
This dish can be a little salty, so I like to serve it with a plain chicken breast
or a slice of toasted, buttered bread.
2) It's also good served with some chopped, fresh tomatoes on top.