- 1 onion chopped
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 heaping teaspoons chopped bottled garlic or 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- About 8 medium fresh tomatoes, chopped (peeled, if possible)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary (fresh is best)
- 1/2 to 1 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 10 leaves fresh basil (optional)
- 1 lb. pasta
- Grated Parmesan (optional)
1. In a medium sauce pan, sauté onion in oil about five minutes. Add garlic, tomatoes, broth, rosemary, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Simmer uncovered on medium-low heat for about ten minutes or until sauce is slightly reduced. Remove rosemary sprigs and discard.
2. Meanwhile, cook pasta. Top pasta with sauce, cheese, and basil, if desired.
Difficulty: Easy, Prep Time: 10 min, Cook Time: 20 min, Serves: 4