White Spinach Lasagna recipe
how to make White Spinach Lasagna
- 4 T. butter
- 4 T. flour
- 2-3 cups whole milk
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1/2 to 1 t. salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 2 bunches spinach, chopped
- 2 cups cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
- 2 cups grated white cheese
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 10 lasagna noodles or 1/2 box pasta noodles of your choice
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup Italian bread crumbs
Heat oven to 350.
2. Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add flour and whisk until smooth. Cook 2 minutes. Add milk slowly and continue cooking and stirring until thickened, about five minutes. Add garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir in spinach and set aside.
3. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain.
Spread a small amount of spinach mixture on the bottom of a large casserole dish. Top with 1/3 of noodles or pasta. Top with half of the cottage cheese and half of the grated cheese and 1/2 of the chicken. Top with 1/3 of the spinach mixture. Repeat until the ingredients are all used up. Top with Parmesan cheese mixed with bread crumbs.
4. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake another 15-20 minutes or until bread crumbs are browned.
1) This can be made without chicken. You could top it with pepperoni during the
last 15 minutes of cooking for flavor. I obviously used spaghetti noodles in the photo. It'sall good!
Difficulty: Easy, Prep Time: 10 min, Cook Time: 60 min, Serves: 6