Zucchini Marinara Recipe
How to make Zucchini Marinara
- 3 small or medium zucchini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 t. black pepper
- 1 cup grated Mozzarella
- 1 cup marinara sauce
Preheat oven to 425.
2. Slice zucchini into coins and drizzle with olive oil.
3. Mix Parmesan, bread crumbs, and pepper. Dip zucchini into crumb mixture and placesingle-layer on a baking sheet. Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown. Lower oven temperature to 400.
4. Pour some marinara in the bottom of a casserole dish. Top with baked zucchini. Top with grated cheese. Repeat layers, ending with grated cheese.
5. Bake another 10-15 minutes at 400.
You can add some browned ground sausage and/or ricotta cheese before
cooking the second time to make this more of a faux lasagna.
Difficulty: Easy, Prep Time: 10 min, Cook Time: 30 min, Serves: 4